School Year Program
The Shir Hadash Early Childhood Center offers preschool classes for children ages 2 through 5 years (before a child enters Kindergarten). Children must be 2 years old to begin in the Center. A child is not required to be toilet trained.
- Before school care begins at 7:00 a.m.
- School starts at 8:30 am each day.
- Parents may choose a schedule ending at 1:00 pm or continuing care until 6:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
- Parents may choose a 5 day, 3 day or 2 day schedule for their children.
- An Extended Day program is available for families that need their child to stay a few hours after 1:00 on a drop-in basis or on a regular basis. This program is billed hourly. Part-time (2 or 3 days a week) children may purchase an extra day if space is available in their class.
- School begins the third week of August and ends in the beginning of June.
Summer Program: Be a Junior Explorer!
Summers at the Shir Hadash Early Childhood Center will incorporate our Reggio style of investigation in the areas of nature, art, play, music, sports and creativity. The summer program is eight weeks long in two 4 week sessions. View the Summer Tuition Details (PDF) (Summer 2017) and download the Summer Enrollment Flyer (PDF).
- Children may enroll for one or both sessions on 2, 3, or 5 days per week.
- The Center is closed a week between the school and summer programs in June and in August for maintenance of our building and staff development.
For information about Shir Hadash Early Childhood Center and to schedule a visit to our program, please phone our Preschool Director, Robin Adelman, 408-358-1751 ext. 115 or email her at Robin@shirhadash.org. Summer tuition information.